Nov 24, 2007

New Orleans

First trip in the USA: New Orleans! A French city in Louisiana... but so different from France! Well, i must admit that there was an French influence a long time ago and that is why the streets have French name and the buildings and houses have an old French architecture but that is all! Craziness and lewdness are everywhere! People were dressed up all day long like during Mardi Gras and all the stores sold vodoo stuffs... Amazing! I felt like in an old movie in France! Even if I will never be able to live in a city like that, it was a really nice experience and I am glad I went over there!

4 comments:

dvmunca said...

Yes, New Orleans is really crazy during Mardis Gras and it i certainly diffrent from France, but it's a very intresting city, very diffrent from other American cities.

Anonymous said...

I haven't went to New Orlean before, but I read your passage.I want to go to there and visite the old frensh building and join Malde Gras too. I think it would be very nice trip for me.

Gabi

jihee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jihee said...

I went to New Orleans during Thanksgiving break. I was surprised the photos which is covered the all windows of the stores,and crazy people. I didn't know that there was a city of France!! But is a nice experience:)